Thursday, May 9, 2013

Possible Nightmarish Villain For Jurassic Park 4

First off, let me acknowledge the fact that I didn't come up with this idea myself. I found the initial theory at like 2 am last Monday. I merely improved it. Now let's get down to business.
I heard a rumor that, following the statement by Jack Horner suggesting that a new dinosaur described as "terrifying" would be the main antagonist of Jurassic Park IV, a small dinosaur may be the bad guy. A pterosaur as a matter of fact.
Now before you close this page out and decide not to see JP4 out of disappointment, let me say that this isn't just any flying rat. This is Jeholopterus.
Jeholopterus was a prehistoric vampire. Well maybe. According to some paleontologists, the creature's prominent upper fangs would have been used to puncture the thick skin of a dinosaur, while the small lower fangs would be used to squeeze the wound, pumping blood into the blood-sucker's mouth. Although it wasn't exactly the largest of the monsters, it certainly was terrifying (especially with it's creepy cat face and furry little rat body. Oh and the vampire thing.).
However, the size issue can be taken out by a little bit of exaggeration on the part of JP4's production team, much like was done with the Velociraptors. With a little change to the vampire bat dinosaur thing, making it a man-sized (or bigger) blood-sucking horror in large numbers, I can see something similar to the Terapus Mordax from the 2005 King Kong remake.




No comments:

Post a Comment